This is what church and Christianity should like

Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 | Posted by Jaba |

CBS and NBC recently refused to air an ad by the United Church of Christ because they deemed it too "controversial". Check out this "controversial" ad:

www.accessibleairwaves.org

The first time I saw this ad a few months ago, I was relieved that the Christian religion I grew up with, still had a heart beat. Even amongst the hateful, bigoted cult-religion that is spewed from the mouth of every red state, bible-thumping hypocrite, true Christianity still exists. I attended an Episcopalian school almost my entire childhood. While I, along with all my classmates, hated mandatory Thursday chapel, I can now reflect and appreciate my religious experience during those years. I can only hope that the evil footsoldiers of hate that preach from out senate and city halls, as well as from our local churches, will eventually create such a backlash that a more moderate form of Christianity will regain its foothold in this country.

Just as I write this:

Korn Guitarist Finds God, Leaves Band

1 comments:

  1. B said...
  2. Hear, hear.