Chris Rock is the Shiznit!!!!

Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 | Posted by Jaba |

"I'm not going to bash Bush here tonight. I saw 'Fahrenheit 9/11.' I think Bush is a genius. I think Bush did some things this year that nobody in this room could do. ... Because Bush basically reapplied for his job. And can you imagine applying for a job and while you're applying there's a movie in every theater in the country that shows how much you suck at the job? It would be hard to get hired, wouldn't it? I watched 'Fahrenheit.' I learned some stuff. Bush did some things you could never get away with at a real job.

When Bush got into office, there was a surplus of money -- now there's like a $70 trillion deficit. Now just imagine you work at the GAP. You close out your register and you're $70 trillion short. The average person would get in trouble for something like that. Not Bush. Then he started a war. ... Now just imagine you work at the GAP. You're $70 trillion behind on your register and then you start a war with the Banana Republic because you say they got toxic tank tops over there. You have the war, people are dying -- 1,000 GAP employees are dead, bleeding all over the khakis -- you finally take over Banana Republic and find they never made tank tops in the first place."

2 comments:

  1. Jenni said...
  2. Thanks! I missed this but have been hearing about it. I'm glad I had the chance to read it. Great screen name, too.

  3. MJ Buffington said...
  4. Rock was very good. It's funny to see all the criticism of his performance but he, in my opinion, was classy, funny, and he MC'ed very well. And what's ironic is the ne-con controlled media crucified him even when he behaved himself and would have done the same thing if he would have been his outrageous self.